D2M is committed to the complete product development cycle.
Our engineers and designers develop products with a clean design strategy that optimizes
efficiency, performance, and quality. We are dedicated to intelligent product design that
reduces the environmental footprint of each product. Our Quality System ensures compliance
with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other standards. As developers of cutting edge technology and
products, D2M strives to continually improve our product development process.
In the initial phase of the D2M process, we explore the technical and market options to
address the customer needs. We collaborate closely with you to:
- Understand the problem, customer needs, and their relative importance.
- Translate needs into target specifications with metrics and target values.
- Analyze competitive products to understand product positioning.
- Brainstorm a wide range of solutions – from bizarre to hum-drum – to stimulate dialogue
and capture IP.
- Present product concepts that merge customer needs and target specifications with the
technology and industrial design.
This phase transitions from the unbounded creative process into the identification of boundary
conditions for the project. At this stage, we:
- Evaluate the concepts with respect to customer needs, competitive positioning, IP and
- Formulate boundary conditions with respect to schedule, project costs, features, quality and
- Develop the proof of concept or initial prototype.
- Identify the blueprint required to take the concept through the manufacturing process to
D2M’s team of project managers, experienced in integration of electronics, mechanicals,
software, optics and industrial design drive this process while constantly re-iterating for
manufacturability and product cost reduction opportunities. We coordinate internally to:
- Define the details of the electrical, mechanical and software architecture.
- Source all components using our database of known costs while utilizing our software systems
that analyze projected costs of custom mechanical systems.
- Execute a design that conforms to product specifications.
- Implement a product for manufacturability, giving the client a product that can be produced
at high yield rates anywhere in the world.
This is also known as the “testing and refinement” phase and allows us to:
- Prove design integrity by evaluating units with test fixtures and tools for debugging.
- Set up a manufacturing process and production environment.
- Understand performance and reliability of the product.
- Identify necessary changes for the final product.
At this final stage, our blueprint has been completely implemented. To claim a successful
development project, we:
- Assist in debugging and refining the pilot production process.
- Achieve manufacturing goals on standard costs and yields.
- Satisfy customer demands.
- Respond to initial customer feedback.
- Ship product!